Magic Shoes


Magazines often advise you not to buy anything that you don't fall in 'love at first sight' with but I tend to disagree. Many a time I have bought something I just HAD to have then have taken it home to find it doesn't fit well or the colour clashes with everything I own. Other times, I have ahmed and ahhed and have finally decided to buy something and it has become a 'can't live without it' item.

Case in point, for my sister's 40th birthday bash, I was looking for a pair of heels to go with a strapless, floaty white maxi-dress. I dragged my sister around the shops for hours trying on peep-toed pumps, stomalicous crazy-high platforms and even high-heeled desert boots. I kept coming back to a pair of low-heeled, tan gladiator-style lace up peep toed shoe-boots. I wasn't totally convinced as they weren't a style I normally went for but they looked good with the dress and were comfortable so I decided to go for it. Now, 4 months on, I wish I had bought two pairs!

I have dubbed them my magic shoes. The heel is low so it is actually possible to walk in them without shooting pain with every step (shock horror, heels you can walk in!) but somehow they still miraculously manage to give your legs that high-heeled boost rather than looking like an old-lady wedge. They are also the most versatile shoe I have ever owned. I have worn them with the above mentioned floaty dress, above-the-knee cocktail dresses; a black high-waisted maxi skirt and floaty white top combo; skinny cargo pants and even a fitted knee-length strapless denim dress. And to make it better, I get compliments almost every time I wear them. I went to buy another pair the other day and they were only $20(!) but they only had size 10's left. Tear.

So the moral of the story is, don't judge a shoe by its cover.
Oh and if you find something you can't live without, buy two!

1 comment:

  1. Fun, fun, fun post Steph. Please explain: stomalicous??? would LOVE to learn what this new word means.
    XX

    ReplyDelete